Books and Book Chapters
- Accepted: Melcer, E. F., & Isbister, K. (2019). “Learning with the Body: A Design Framework for Embodied Learning Games and Simulations”. Software Engineering Perspectives in Computer Game Development.
Refereed Conference Publications
- Ottmar, E. R., Melcer, E., Abrahamson, D., Nathan, M. J., Fyfe, E., & Smith, C. (2018). “EMBODIED MATHEMATICAL IMAGINATION AND COGNITION (EMIC) WORKING GROUP”. In North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (2018).
- Melcer, E.F. (2018). “Toward Embodied Learning Mechanics: A Tool to Guide the Design of Physical Interactions in Educational Games”. In Proceedings of the 2018 International Academic Conference of Meaningful Play.
- Best Paper Honorable Mention: Melcer, E.F., & Isbister, K. (2018). “Bots & (Main)Frames: Exploring the Impact of Tangible Blocks and Collaborative Play in an Educational Programming Game”. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. CHI ’18, Montréal, Canada. ACM.
- ALT-CTRL: Bringing Embodied Physical Interactions into the Design of Games and Learning. (July, 2018). Collaborative Learning of Usability Experiences (CLUE) Seminar Series.